Temporary Resident Visa
The temporary residency visa is for anyone planning on staying in Mexico for more than 180 days, but less than four years. Even if you do plan on staying for more than four years, you usually have to be a temporary resident before applying for permanent residency in Mexico.
- You own a location independent business (and/or)
- You work remotely for a company based outside of Mexico
- You earn at least $1,620 USD per month or have a bank balance of $27,000.
How to Apply
- Schedule an appointment with your local Mexican Consulate
- Gather all of the requested documents
- Submit an application form
- You will need to provide documents proving that you had a monthly income of at least $1,620 USD over the last 6-months or a bank account balance of $27,000.
- Original and a photocopy of documents showing that the applicant has employment or a pension with a monthly tax-free income of over $1,569.00 Canadian dollars during the past six months.
The application and additional fees can be found here: https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/leamington/index.php/non-mexicans/consular-fees