Norway’s Independent Contractor Visa
Digital nomads and remote workers wanted the chance to move to Norway. And now they can, for up to 2-years, with Norway’s Independent Contractor visa.
- You must be self-employed with a contract to work on a project for a business in Norway.
- You must have relevant qualifications to work in your profession.
- Proof of accommodation in Norway
- Show an income of at least €35,719 per year before tax
How to Apply
- Gather the required documents listed on Norway’s Directorate of Immigration website.
- Fill out the application, and bring it to the nearest Norwegian Embassy.
- Passport and a copy of all used pages in passport
- Signed cover letter from the Application portal (or application form)
- Two new/recent passport size photos with white background
- Documentation which shows that you have somewhere to live in Norway
- The contract between you and the Norwegian client
- Documentation that you are a self-employed contractor with a business established abroad
- Documentation of your education
- And/or documentation of your work experience
- UDI's checklist, filled out and signed (this list)
The visa application fee is €600.