The Non-Lucrative Visa allows foreigners to stay in Spain for at least a year, with the ability to renew. However technically you are not allowed to “work” on this visa — they’re looking for people who are “retired” and self-sufficient.
- Show that you can support yourself financially through investments or retirement income of at least €2151 per month or hold €25,816 in savings.
- Proof of private Spanish health insurance
- Get a police/FBI background check
- Get a Medical Certificate of Good Health
How to Apply
- You need to apply in person at the closest Spanish Consulate or Embassy.
- All your documents must be translated into Spanish, as well as authenticated in your home country.
- Sign a sworn statement before a Notary that you agree not to work while living in Spain.
- Pay the visa application fee of $140 USD
- Driver’s License
- National Visa Application Form
- Form “EX-01 – Formulario”
- Form “Tasas Extranjeria – Modelo impreso 790”
- Criminal Background Check
- Medical Certificate of Good Health
- Proof of Spanish Health Insurance
- Visa Fees – Money Orders
- Proof of Financial Resources
- Proof of Accommodation in Spain
More details for these documents here: https://www.wanderingearl.com/non-lucrative-visa-spain-apply-one-week/
The visa application fee is $140.