Independent Workers and Entrepreneurs Visa
Portugal offers both a temporary resident visa and residence permit for independent workers and entrepreneurs for one year, with the ability to renew for up to 5 years. After 5 years you can apply for permanent residency.
- Proof of income from property, proof of business ownership, or proof of financial means.
- You earn at least €600 EURO per month.
- Proof of private travel/health insurance.
- Submit to a criminal background check.
How to Apply
- Gather the required documents, print out and complete the application form.
- Make an appointment at the nearest Portuguese consulate.
- Passport valid for at least three months longer than the duration of your stay
- Two passport-sized photos
- Valid travel insurance
The visa application fee is €83 EUR and €72 EUR for a resident permit.