Global Citizen Certificate
The special visa for digital nomads called the Global Citizen Certificate (GCC) allows travelers to stay in the islands for up to 2 years.
- Proof of Employment and/or Income
- Applicants must provide a letter showing proof of employment with an entity outside of the Cayman Islands stating position, length of employment, and annual salary on company letterhead. Applicant(s) minimum annual salary requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must make a minimum income of US$100,000 annually if applying as an individual
- Applicant must make a minimum income of US$150,000 annually if applying with an accompanying spouse/civil partner
- Applicant must make a minimum income of US$180,000 annually if applying with an accompanying spouse/civil partner and/or dependent(s)
- Applicant must make a minimum income of US$180,000 annually if applying with an accompanying dependent(s)
How to Apply
The application fee is $1,469.
- Proof of Legal Existence of Employer/Company
- Provide a copy of a Certificate of Good Standing/Certificate of Incorporation or Registration with an authorized government body in your country including website details and any social media profile information.
- Bank Reference
- A notarized bank reference. (A bank reference is a bank manager's written opinion of your credit standing which includes the length of time in which you have been with the bank and the average balance of your accounts.)
- 6 months of bank statements.
- Proof of Identity
- Clear color copy of the photo and information page of a valid passport. Persons requiring a visa for entry into the Cayman Islands must apply. Please click here to find the most updated visa requirements.
- Police Clearance
- Provide a Federal criminal record or similar documentation, issued within the past 6 months old, from the last place of residence for more than 6 months. For all countries, this document must be submitted with fingerprint verification.
- Proof of health insurance
- Coverage for all applicants in your party for a minimum of 30 days upon arrival in the Cayman Islands.
- All applicants must obtain local health insurance coverage within 30 days of arriving in the Cayman Islands.
All certificates and documents (e.g. birth, marriage/civil partner, death, divorce, police clearance etc.) which are in a foreign language must be accompanied by an English translation.
The visa application fee is $1,469.