Digital Nomad Visa
The Digital Nomad Visa allows remote workers to live in Estonia and legally work for their employer or their own company registered abroad.
You can apply for the digital nomad visa if you meet the following requirements:
- You are able to work independent of location
- You can perform your work duties remotely using telecommunications technology
- You either have an active employment contract with a company registered outside of Estonia, conduct business through your own company registered abroad, or work as a freelancer for clients mostly outside of Estonia.
- You can provide evidence that your income met the minimum threshold during the six months preceding the application. Currently, the monthly income threshold is €3504 (gross of tax).
How to Apply
- Fill in the application form online. Print the form and sign it after completion. The state fee is 80€ for a Type C (short stay) visa and 100€ Type D (long stay) visa.
- Make an appointment at your nearest Estonian Embassy or Consulate to submit your application. Make sure you bring copies of any required supporting documents.
- Applications are reviewed within 30 days
In addition to the general visa application procedure and rules, you’ll need to provide documents proving that you meet the eligibility requirements of being a location-independent employee or digital nomad.
The visa application fee is 80€ for a Type C (short stay) visa and 100€ for a Type D (long stay).